The Cilhendre Cottages are ideally located within easy distance of many attractions.
There is plenty to do and see, If you are looking for a peaceful relaxing break or an action-packed holiday, this is the place to come!
Below are just some examples of local attractions which you may like to visit.
- Weobley Castle – View Website
- Oxwich Castle – View Website
- Manorbier Castle – View Website
- Laugharne Castle – View Website
- Castell Coch – View Website
- Dinefwr Castle – View Website
- Caerphilly Castle – View Website
- Kidwelly Castle – View Website
- Pembroke Castle – View Website
- Raglan Castle – View Website
- Carew Castle – View Website
Cilhendre Fawr Farm Cottages are a perfect base for cycling holidays. We have an area to wash and store your bikes safely for the duration of your stay.
Situated just 30 minutes away from the Natural Resources Wales’ Afan Forest Park. Afan Forrest Park is the fastest growing mountain bike area in Britain and located only minutes from the M4 it’s perfect for those wanting to reach a variety of fantastic riding without the hassle of long journeys. With 6 superb flowing trails ranging from 7km to over 40km and a Bike Park there is more all weather singletrack than any other MBWales centre – you simply have to check it out! View Website
Whether you are a leisure walker, experienced cyclist or a family of children the National Cycle network Wales has something to offer, with over 1,200 wonderfull miles of cycle network in Wales alone. View Website
Gardens and Parks
- National Botanic Gardens of Wales – View website
- Margam Park – View website
- Craig-y-Nos Country Park – View website
- Clyne Gardens – View website
- Afan Forest Country Park – View website
- Vale of Neath Waterfalls – View website
- Brecon Beacon National Park- Visit website
Mumbles & The Gower
Ideal for surfers, water sports fans, walkers, families and sun bathers. The Gower was the first place in the UK to be designated as ‘An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’. Click to view photos of Gower beaches.
If you enjoy outdoor activities there is plenty for you to do here in South Wales. You can choose from horse riding, walking, mountain climbing, surfing, water sports, cycling, mountain biking, fishing and much much more. Or you may prefer to chill out and relax and just enjoy the countryside.
Penderyn Distillery- ‘From Wales to the world…’ Penderyn Distillery produces award-winning single malt whiskies and spirits in the foothills of the magnificent Brecon Beacons in South Wales, around 30 minutes drive from the cottages. Penderyn Distillery is famous for its Whisky Tours… but for a limited time they are presenting an exciting new variation: Whisky & Chocolate Tours. – Visit Website